family, life and all things scrapbooking

Monday, March 2, 2015

Project 365 - Under New Management!

Original Blog Post on P&Co. Blog: See HERE

I recently posted a blog post about letting my daughter take over the photos for my album (for the day). It was a fun experiment! :) I also have a filler card freebie for you too!


Project 365 – Under New Managment


I don’t know about you, but sometimes I like to change up my weekly 365 pages. I love documenting my everyday, but sometimes I feel pressure to take so many photos – and truth be told there are weeks where my life isn’t really that exciting! I usually try to create two pages for my weekly spread, but last week I was left with only one layout, as I didn’t bother to take many photos (oops) – and frankly I was out creative mojo to inspire me. It happens.
So the other day I handed my five-year old my camera. I gave her a quick tutorial on how to use it and told her to go take photos of whatever she wanted. She was super excited (and felt grown-up using mommy’s camera! :)), and had a lot of fun being the photographer. So I documented it! Why not? It fills up my week, and gives a cute and unique perspective of my daughter’s day. Below is my layout. I created an ‘under new management’ card to show that my daughter was in charge of the photo-taking that day! Of course the first thing she does is take a selfie! Love it.
PL Hostage_JenP
credits: Loverly February Subscription, Love is in the Air by Meredith Cardall, Authentic mini kit; This Ordinary Life Brushes by Sweet Caroline Studios, Out of the Box template by Gennifer Bursett
If you’re child is too young to hold a camera, why not document ‘a perspective’ of how your baby would ‘see’ the world through their eyes? Or if you do not have children, how about your beloved dog – as suggested by CT Member Nataysha?
Or perhaps just document your own routine – one full day – of what you were up to. Put a time-stamp on it, like I did with the above layout, to make it even more personal.
Don’t limit yourself to pocket-style/365 layouts either, as this theme would make a wonderful traditional layout as well!
under new management card blank_JenP
If you like the filler card I created for the layout, you can download it HERE
Happy Scrapping!

0 comments: