family, life and all things scrapbooking

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Journaling with SONG...



Welcome back everyone! So let’s get right to the next lesson shall we? I’ll admit it, I’m no poet. Not even close. So when creating a layout I often try to write something meaningful but sometimes that ends up falling flat. That is why I have a secret weapon I use when I need to find the ‘perfect’ saying to capture the moment! I’m going to share it with you, so get your pencils and notebooks out for today’s lesson and write this down:  Song Lyrics.
Think about it, you have thousands of poetic and witty words at your disposal! Here’s an example of part of a Billy Joel song lyric which I used to describe how I was feeling about my daughter. In Just the Way You Are the lyrics said it better than I ever could! :)


For more journaling with song ideas visit my School of Design Blog: Journaling with Song Lyrics! Hope you enjoy!

0 comments: